Yesterday I came downstairs and had lunch with Amber, Jace, and Avary. As we were cleaning up, Avary was dancing in the middle of the kitchen floor. I asked her if I could dance with her. She obliged and we took a few turns around the hardwood floor.
Jace saw all of the fun and he soon cut in and I was without my two year old partner. I took it as my cue to head back upstairs to the office to work. I just sat down at the computer when Amber called my cell phone and told me I needed to come downstairs right away. I hurried down to find Amber washing Avary's head in the sink. Her ear was bleeding. Once we got it cleaned up, we saw a big gash in her ear.
I guess Avary and Jace were dancing in circles and lost their balance together and Avary fell, catching her ear on a drawer handle on one of the cabinet drawers.
Amber took Avary to the doctor's office where they examined her and determined that the piercing went all the way through the top and side of her ear. She had a couple of stitches inside the ear and about three behind the ear, with a remaining stitch somewhere on the side of the ear.
Avary was brave during the whole ordeal. However, we had to pump her with ibuprofen throughout the night due to the pain that would wake her.
She should get her stitches out by the weekend, and it will be several more years before we give her permission to pierce her ears again.

No comments:
Post a Comment