Sunday, February 05, 2012

Testimony Meeting Applause

I love how our kids have typically enjoyed bearing their testimonies in church. When we lived in Provo we spaced them out so that they could bear their testimonies once every other month or so, and we were careful when we let them go up. However, since we moved to Idaho, our ward here has often had large bouts of "dead air" so to speak with a void of testimonies being shared over the pulpit. Due to this fact, we have slackened on our child restraints for testimony meeting and we let the baptized kids go up whenever they want to share their testimony.

Recently, however, we have felt like it would be good to strategically wait unto giving our kids permission to bear their testimony so that the first five minutes of testimony meeting each month wouldn't begin with the Andersen crew taking over the microphone.

As soon as the meeting started we asked the kids not to go up quite yet. Then as the meeting progressed, I decided that if there were any long gaps in testimonies that the kids could go up and bear their testimony. So, I whispered to the kids, "wait for a pause before going up to bear your testimony."

John got a confused look on his face and responded, "Wait for APPLAUSE before going up?"

1 comment:

John Andersen said...

I stand corrected, I guess that is Aylee who waited for the "applause". It all makes sense now, John went up and bore his testimony, Aylee never did. I guess she was waiting for an applause that never came. :-)