Saturday, December 04, 2010

The kind gesture of a simple card

After my business trip from Denver, I came home last night to find a nice little card on my pillow from Alayna. Amber explained to me that Alayna had made these cards for everyone as a special invitation or message. She explained that Alayna had put these on everyone's pillow.

I guess last night when Jace went to bed he found the card from Alayna. Amber said that he was so proud of that card. He kept pretending to read it over and over again, saying Alayna's name randomly in his "reading". He kept the card next to him all night and kept picking it up and setting it down over and over again before sleep overcame him.

This morning I found Jace toting around his little card from Alayna. I grabbed a photo of him eating his breakfast with the card right next to him. (Yeah, he is trying to smile in this picture - don't you love it when little kids realize that their is a smile pose and it takes them a year or so to get it down?)

Thanks for your thoughtful act, Alayna, it really made a huge difference to Jace!

No comments: