Monday, March 02, 2009

Goodbye Ford Pickup!

On Presidents' Day I had two people call me within 10 minutes of each other telling me that they were from out of town and they wanted to come and look at my pickup truck that was for sale. They both had really been interested in it and wanted to come take it for a drive. It is funny, because I have had the pickup up for sale for several months. I've had several people call on it, but few actually come and drive it. Being a holiday, that must've changed things a bit.

Both sets of individuals arrived at roughly the same time. I let the one they got there just before to give it a test drive. It drove it around the block and got out and said that they would take it. I had to send the other group away. We filled out the paperwork and sign the title off to the new owner.

While I am glad that I was able to sell the truck, I don't know what I'm going to do without it. We've used our truck for a lot of things. But, as Aylee suggested, I guess we'll have to haul the dirt for our yard in our Van. No, I am sure we should be able to find someone who would be willing to loan their truck to us for our jobs around the yard. However, it was just so nice to have it handy and not have to go look for anyone kind enough to lend us a truck for the day.

No comments: