I thought I would post a couple of pictures updating life here in Modesto. I have now started to get at least one day a week off and even sometimes 2 days off. I have really been taking advantage of it and doing small overnight trips to all the really beautiful destinations here in Northern California. I have visited the northern coast on Hwy 1, it is really awesome up there. Also visited Monterey (my favorite), Carmel, Salinas, Watsonville (where all the raspberries and strawberries come from), San Fracnisco, San Jose, Santa Cruz (one of my favorites), Reno, NV, Lake Tahoe, Hollister, Gilroy (garlic capitol of the world) and the Napa Valley. All very neat places to visit and all within a couple of hours from Modesto.
Being a big fan of christmas and the season, when I got back and settled in from Thanksgiving, I went out and got my christmas tree. I had to really haggle with the old redneck coot that was selling the trees. I finally got it for $35 although his initial price was $60. I reminded him that the local grocery stores were selling trees for $20 although they weren't as nice.
Today my cord of Almond wood was delivered so I spent some time stacking it. A cord of wood is a lot more than I realized and it took me a couple of hours to move it and stack it. Now I have a roaring fire in the fireplace.

2 comments:
Nice looking tree! Amber told me about your wood...that is funny. Anything for atmosphere!
I think I just found my long lost family!!! Wow! You all look great and happy!! Feeling a little nostalgic right about now. Miss you!
xoxo Tricia (Madsen)Allen
ps. Jen where are you???
Post a Comment