Sunday, June 08, 2008

My Famous Brothers

Today, I was giving a talk in sacrament meeting for my high Council assignment. It just so happened that my assignment was in our home ward. I don't usually get to attend our ward because the Spanish branch meets at the same time as our church. So, this means that I do not get to meet all the new people that move into our neighborhood.

During my talk, I mentioned that I came from a small town in Idaho. It had to do something with one of the points that I was making. Well, after my talk, a couple came up to me. They introduced themselves. I knew that they were fairly new in the ward, but I didn't know their names and I figured they didn't know who I was. (Amber just corrected me and said that they've been in our ward for a year now). Anyway, they really didn't know who I was. But the husband asked me if I had two brothers by the name of Jacob and Joseph. I explained that I did. They said that when I mentioned that was from a small town in Idaho they wondered if I was related to Jake and Joe. They said that I looked just like Jake.

For them both to know Jake and Joe I figured that they must both be from American Falls. When I asked them if that is where they were from, they told me no. I asked them where they knew my two brothers. They said that they were in the same singles ward together a few years ago. This was during the time when Joe was living with Jake in the condo by the railroad tracks. The guy's name is Ruston Carter. Ruston was a counselor to Jake in the elders quorum presidency. Ruston's wife is Tina Turpin. Ruston asked how both Jake and Joe were doing. They knew that Jake had been married for a few years now. However, they both wondered if Joe was married. When I told them that Joe had not yet found someone to marry, they were both very surprised. Ruston said that all the girls in the ward were in love with Joe. It was funny, when he said that he glanced at his wife for short second and smiled.

They are a cute couple and they are both serving in the ward. Ruston is currently a primary teacher in the Junior primary. He teaches the six and seven year olds. Tina plays the piano in primary. They have a little girl who is two years old. They are expecting a new baby in August. They wanted me to send their Hellos to Jake and Joe.

No comments: