Well, it has already happened. Our children are not even a decade old and they are talking about the dreaded this dreaded subject...what to do with their own children.
The other day I was playing with Aliece. We were wrestling on the floor and I was throwing her on the furniture - typical dad and four-year-old playtime activities. Well, I was getting tired, so I pinned her against the couch and tickled her. Then we started to talk for a few minutes.
Aliece asked me if I had a lot of work to do today. I said, "oh, yes...I always have a lot of work to do." I then turned the question on her and said, "do you have a lot of work to do today?" She giggled and said, "No, I just play!" I then said, "well, do you have a lot of playing to do?" She agreed that she did. She continued on to say that kids don't do a lot of work. So, to help her see in the future a bit, I suggested, "Well, what about when you are a Mom and have 10 kids, are you going to have a lot of work to do?" She laughed and said, "Oh, on, I won't." Trying to help her see that she would be very busy with ten children, I asked, "Well, what are you going to do with all of your kids?"
Then came her response, "Oh, I'll give them all to Mom!"
So that's it. That little girl is not dating until she is at least thirty, more responsible, or barren!
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment