I will just write a quick update for everybody. In case you didn’t notice, I no longer live in Provo. Last Thursday, I moved back up to Idaho. I came up on Thursday and I stayed in Arbon with Mom and Dad. Then on Friday I came to Pocatello to pay for registration and tuiton. $2,250 later, I was all registered. That was only after waiting in lines and going from station to station. Earlier that morning I email the lawyer about the job and while I was registering, he called me and wanted to meet with me. So I went and me with him and we talked for a moment. He asked me if I was going to school and he asked what my schedule was. I told him I had MWF classes and then one class on Tuesdays. He said that it wouldn’t work because I would have to work Wednesday mornings. He said that if wasn’t for that, he would give me the job. So I told him I would see what I could do with my schedule and get back with him later. So I had to go back up to ISU and see what I could do to completely switch my schedule around. The advisor wasn’t too happy with me because most classes were full and it was the last day for registration but we found a schedule that would work. Work is going well. I started on Monday at the law firm. I will be mostly doing billing and filing which will keep me busy enough I believe. It has been going well. The 15th of ever month is when we send bills out so that is what I did today. But when I printed all of the bills out, I accidentally put the dates from Jan 15, 2004 instead of 2005 so I wasted all that paper and ink. But we got them all sent out. I went and played basketball last night with the guys that I used to play with before the mission. I got there an hour late and when I walked in, they were all excited to see me. It made me feel good. We played and then talked until about 12:30. It was a lot of fun. I found out yesterday that a guy that I went to high school with now has MS. He has had it for about 2 years now. I play basketball with his dad and his dad was telling me about it yesterday at basketball. He cant even get out of bed anymore. It is so weird to think about it. Last time I saw him, a couple of years ago, he was fine. It is crazy to think he wont live much longer. I learned a great lesson today. Don’t walk in a slick parking lot with your hands in your pockets.
The apartments that I moved into are right by the university so I can walk to my classes. That is really nice because I dont have to battle with finding a parking space. All of my classes are right by eachother so that is really nice too. It is a three bedroom apartment. The kitchen and living room are pretty big, but the bedrooms are kind of small, especially if you have to share a room. I had wanted my own room and that is what I had been looking for, but I didnt find anything that I liked with a good price. So because of necessity, I decided to move into this apartment complex. For a shared room, it costs $150/month and for your own room it is $250/month. I chose to be cheap and I got a shared room contract. Right now there are three of us that are living in this apartment. I moved in first, and then another moved in the day after and another a couple of days later. So we are all paying for a shared room contract, but because there are 3 of us in a 3 bedroom apartment, we all get our own room. Well, I had been looking to move in with a friend that just got back from his mission, but we didnt find anything that we both liked so I decided to do it alone. Well he now wants to move into the apartment with us which would mean that I would have to share a room. I tried to discourage him from doing it because I dont want to have to share a room, but last time I talked to him (yesterday) he was going to call the Collegiate Apartments to see if he could move in. So I guess we will see what happens.
Saturday, January 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment