Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cowfolk

Today was the day that I took seven of our 13 calves to the Blackfoot livestock auction. Amber, Avary, Jace, and I worked on getting the calves separated and into the horse trailer.

Avary and Jace especially thought it was cool to be able to wear their cowboy boots and go out into the corral to work with the calves.

Once we got them loaded, I took Jace with me to drop off the calves. He wanted to find his cowboy hat and cowboy vest to come along. I decided to get in the spirit and I donned my cowboy hat as well.

While we were driving and talking, Jace said that he was so grateful that he was a cowboy and lived on a farm. It sure made me smile.

He even went as far as saying, that he is probably more of a cowboy then he is a ninja. :-)

No comments: