Thursday, June 07, 2012

Ambushing an Elder

The other day we had the missionaries over for some pizza and breadsticks. The dinner was not quite ready when they arrived, so I sat down with them in the family room to chat. As we sat, one of the missionaries picked up a photo album from our coffee table. He commented on how creative the cover was and asked if he could thumb through it. Without thinking, I told him that was fine.

I kept talking with his companion, but in the corner of my eye, I noticed that after a page or two of turning in the album, the missionary quickly, but quietly set the album back on the coffee table and joined the conversation. I thought it odd at first, but then realization set in.

I apologized to the missionary. I didn't think about that album being our Hawaii photo album. It was chock full of photos of a beautiful Amber Andersen in her swim suit. The missionary had obeyed the rules as soon as he saw the pictures and had quickly closed the book.

Way to obey the rules, Elder! We had a good laugh about it together. But I was impressed that he closed the album so soon.

No comments: