Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why Parents want Daughters in their Old Age

Last night I came to a better understanding of why elderly parents often turn to their daughters to offer them care and support in their later years.

Amber started to feel pretty sick yesterday. She sat at the table and watched us all eat at dinner and she had a handful of crackers.

At bedtime, instead of doing her routine with Jace, she laid on Jace and John's floor in agony keeping Jace in his room while I was at a church meeting.

When I got home, Amber went straight to be at 8:40pm. It wasn't quite lights out, so the older kids were awake when Amber went to bed early

I was up stairs doing the finishing touches on taking care of Jace, etc. Aliece came out of her room and talked to Aylee about redoing their night-time prayers and asking for Mom to get better. Aylee agreed it would be a good idea. While the girls were busy making plans to help Amber out, John replied, "Oh, is Mom not feeling well?"

No comments: