Saturday, January 30, 2010

My First House

I finally closed on the house and have keys in hand. It was a very long process with many ups and downs but we were finally able to get it to work out, only after 3 addendums to the original contract, fighting amongst the listing agent, my agent, and my lender who threatened to quit her job on Wednesday to get the contract accepted, and a small pay off to one of the banks holding the second mortgage. What a process!! And they wonder why they are having problems in California with their real estate market.
The electricity and water should be turned on by monday and then I will begin to paint and start moving in. By April of 2040, I should have the house all paid off.

1 comment:

John Andersen said...

That is awesome! Glad you got it. Sounds like there were a lot of hoops to jump through. Have fun remodeling.