
Well, I know it's been a couple months since Dave and I celebrated our Anniversary, but I hadn't written anything about it yet. I still can't believe we've been married over a year now, but it's been a fun one!
We had decided to stay around close to celebrate our Anniversary so it was decided that we would stay in Salt Lake and do some fun things around the area that we've never done before. So Dave got us a place at the Red Lion for a couple nights and also did some research on the internet and decided to purchase a tourist packet that would allow us free access to many fun places. Even though he had to purchase the tourist tickets, we figured it was worth it's deal within the first day.
We both took Friday off work and started our day by going throught the Museum at Thanksgiving Point. We also took a walk throught their gardens and enjoyed the waterfalls, the hedge maze and the beautiful plants around us. Then we met Dad and Mom in Salt Lake for lunch and enjoyed visiting with them for a couple of hours. It was a lot of fun. We went to the Clark Planetarium and looked around there for a while, watched a 3-D movie and also watched a star-laser show. We walked around the Gateway area and watched people. The weather was just perfect to be out.
The next day we went to the Children’s Museum at the Gateway. It looked like it would be a ton of fun if you were a kid. Dave had wished we had a little kid with us so he would have an excuse to play with some of the fun toys :) Then we stopped by Temple Square and got our free lunch at the Lion House and went to the distribution center in the Joseph Smith Building. We then drove up the canyon to Brighton Ski Area and took a Tram ride up the mountain. It was a beautiful ride and fun to look out over the valley. On the way down we stopped at the Aquarium in Sandy and looked at the sea life. I was a bit disappointed in it but I guess they have plans to make a larger one in the future. We went back to our hotel and relaxed and ordered pizza.
On Sunday we slept in and enjoyed the morning. We had brought the top layer of our wedding cake to eat on our first anniversary. So we had that for breakfast and it was actually really good. I thought it would be freezer burned and dried out but whoever wrapped it did a great job! It was chocolate and so moist and had a great flavor. Then we stopped for church at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building before we headed home. It was a really good meeting and added to our special day.
It was a fun Anniversary and fun to celebrate it together. I still can’t believe the time has gone by so fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment