I have been off to scout camp this week with the Deacons. In my absense, Aylee has been quite productive. Amber told me that each day that I was gone, Aylee would go and invite kids from a specific street to come to our house at a certain time of the day for a magic show. There she would charge them about 25 cents for the production. Each day she would target a different street, and each day she would make about three dollars.
It appears she really was enjoying the profits that she was able to reap from the magical acts. On the last day before I arrived, unbeknownst to Amber, Aylee raised her show prices from 25 cents to $1.00. She had a good number show up too. When Amber got ear of the price hike, however, she made Aylee walk to every child's house and return 75 cents to them.
When Aylee was originally caught in her price gouging, she nervously asked Amber if she had to tell Dad what she had done. Amber told her no and Aylee breathed a sigh of relief. I have a feeling, however, that it was not Aylee's nerves that Amber was trying to calm, rather she probably knew that I would tell Aylee to try $1.50 tomorrow :-).
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment