Aliece has been doing much better today - she has still been cranky, but she has been awake, eating, going to the bathroom, and playing. It was good to see her greet me when I came home from work this evening.
While we were eating dinner, however, Amber and I both noticed that Aliece's lips were very dark - nearly black. Amber pressed on her hands and arms and observed that the color was a little slow getting back.
Amber decided to call a nurse and see what she thought. There was no question in the nurses response, but that we were to bring her into the after-hours care center.
I stayed home with the rest of the crew while Amber hauled Aliece off to the hospital. After three hours, a pneumonia scare, and some x-rays, they decided that Aliece is just fine. I guess they were worried that sometimes when a child get's ill their body is weakened and they can catch pneumonia easily. According to the x-rays though, she didn't have pneumonia. They assume that it is just that Aliece's body is still not up to par as a healthy child, but she should get there in a day or two.
Amber says that Aliece did really well at the hospital. They got back home just after 10pm.
Monday, January 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment