Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Passing of a Dear Friend


As many of you remember, I used to have a home teaching companion by the name of "Bud" Sprouse. He was an old farm boy from way back. He lived quite a lively life, and was always ready with a story from his youth. Over the past ten years or so, he has suffered from some damage to his lungs and has been on oxygen ever since.

Bud and Laurel have been steady company at our Fourth of July and Pioneer Day fireworks celebrations in our front yard.

This morning around 6:30AM, Bud passed away. He has not been doing well lately and they have been preparing for this. He was a good friend to many and will be missed.

Last year he and Laurel asked if I would conduct the funeral. The Bishop agreed to let me do so, and he will provide some closing remarks. The funeral is scheduled for Wednesday.

I know several of you have met him before, so I just wanted to pass this along.

No comments: