I decided that I had better post what happened during my phase II testing with the FBI last week. Last Monday and Tuesday I was in Phoenix, Arizona for some 115 degree weather. Wow, I don't think I could ever live there. The trip to and from AZ went well. The FBI reimbursed me for the miles driven, parking fees, taxis, hotel, etc. The trip was completely free. They even gave us a $45/day spending allowance. What a fun vacation :) !
When I arrived in Phoenix, I found the other two testing candidates that were on my flight and we split a taxi . We arrived at the hotel to find that we were really going to be spoiled. It was a Hilton that must have been a luxury hotel. My room had a large bathroom with very nice towels and a very comfortable robe. When I'd step out of my room and looked down on the main floor, I felt as though I were in the Star Wars inter-Galatic congress. Do you remember that large room were the people from different planets met and voted on things? This is what this hotel felt like. It was very nice.
The testing went well. I started out with a 90 minute writing exam where we were given information and asked to write a report on it. I'm sorry I can't give any details of either part of this test.... I am forbidden by law :). I felt as if I really nailed the written portion. I actually ran out of time. I do wish I would have had 60 seconds more just to finish a couple of sentances. But overall, that went well.
The next part of the test was a 60 minute interview in front of a panel of three FBI agents. They would only ask questions. They would not clarify questions, ask more in-depth questions or even talk to you in any manner. You just spoke to a wall, essentially, for 60 minutes. There were 14 questions and they were very difficult. I did very well until the end. I kind of flubbed up a couple of questions toward the end. I should find out in a couple of days what the result is going to be for this test.
Another thing worth mentioning is that we were on a very tight schedule to return. We caught a taxi to the Airport and ran through security to catch our plane. My carry-on, however, threw some red flags and security wanted to rescan it. They did. That did not satisfy them, however. The guard called for a manager to come and go through it by hand. She came and took me and the bag to a secure area. I was thinking, I only have clothes in this bag, what could possibly set off the alarms? So as we arrived at the secure area, she asked me if there were any sharp objects in my bag. I told her my keys were in there (I suppose they could be sharp). The them felt as if she had trapped me and she told me, somewhat accusingly, that they had scanned a knife in my bag. I laughed and told her to do her best. She pulled out my suit, my underwear, and then finally my shaving bag. She opened the shaving bag and pulled out a sereded butter knife! I about died. The guys who where with me were anxiously watching from a distance and they started laughing. I still have no idea how that knife got into my bag. She called for security and they checked it out. I told them they could keep the knife if they wanted. After some deliberation they put the knife back in my bag and sent me on my way.
This was a very fun trip. I hope it is one that I will remember for a long time. And, thanks to the blog, I will have record of it forever :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment